Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Lipcote - bit of old school.

Hi ladies

Today I shall be reviewing the British Beauty Classic - Lipcote. For those few people out there who haven't heard of this, it's a lipstick sealer to make your lipstick last longer. I received this in an event goody bag and it retails for £3.69.



It comes in a nail varnish format with a brush applicator.


I've tested this out a few times and unfortunately I wasn't a fan. I'm not a lipstick re-applier in the slightest as I get all paranoid about whipping out a lipstick in public (not much of a beauty blogger) so I really wanted to like this but sadly it just didn't work for me.

You are meant to apply your lipstick, then brush a few dots of this on and keep your lips apart for a little while so it can dry. It has a serious hit of alcohol when you sniff it (I can't detect any vanilla at all so can't imagine what the original scent was like) and it stings the lips when you first apply it. I'm not talking a little plumping tingle, I'm talking full on stinging. I could have forgiven all of this if it worked buuuutt....


After a little while, this is what happened to the side of my lip on which I applied the Lipcote. It got all crumbly and hugely unattractive. I tried it again with another lipstick and the same thing happened.

So, sadly despite rooting for this 'British classic', it just didn't work for me. Are you a fan?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. I havn't used this in YEARS! But I remember it used to sting like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much has changed in that case Charlotte :/

      Delete
  2. Wow I was going to get this. Good thing I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it would work for you but it most definitely didn't for me!

      Delete
  3. It made my lippy crumble too :( xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe it actually stung your lips! :( I will avoid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a few seconds but it's like a weird burning sensation!

      Delete
  5. I didn't like this thing one bit either. I hate the smell of alcohol and you can actually taste it too with your food. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just about to write a review about this as I got this in my glossybox last month! Not a fan either I'm afraid :( same reasons as you!!

    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet to find many people who are fans. How has it lasted this long?

      Delete
  7. I already have problems with my lipstick forming a line on the inside of my lip so this would probably make the worse me thinks! I never knew what this was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than happy to pass it on for you to test lol x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)