Sunday, 23 June 2013

My day at IMATS & what I bought.

Hi ladies

So yesterday I was lucky enough to go to IMATS in Olympia. I was gifted a ticket from my lovely friend who I went to the event with and the days leading up to it, I was googling the different exhibitors and product swatches so I could go prepared with a list. This is a very picture heavy post, starting with photos I took at the actual show and then on to my haul (not sure I've spent this much in one go, ever).

This was the queue just to get in. Luckily, it flew by.
This is how busy it was at around 2pm. IMATS is not for the faint hearted. Think boxing day sales and oxford street.
The Inglot stand. VERY busy and had around 30-35% discount.
Brand new Artist of Make up range from the gorgeous Zukreat who is a professional MUA and on Youtube. I intended to buy the contour stick from here which I didn't end up doing sadly but would love to try it in the future.

Well hello there Hakuhodo. How nice to stroke you.
NYX cosmetics. The queue for this was fine when we got there (as we were early birds) but later on it was PACKED OUT. 
Here are a few photos I took of the awesome prosthetic work taking place. On the right hand side was the pop art masterpiece by the very talented Karla Powell.


Now onto the haul... 

Everything I bought.
As you can see I went brush crazy which is ridiculous considering crown didn't even have any discount and in some cases were rounding up and therefore charging more (which I realised later. Not cool).  To make myself feel better I am now on a mission to sell the make up brushes I don't use to make way for these. Not surprisingly I will review these and everything else in time.
This was the biggest bargain of the whole day. I wasn't very impressed with many other discounts but certain NARS products had around 60% off. I had a quick look but nothing in the discounted section appealed to me so I walked away. Later the lovely Grace from Allthatslap called me up to ask if I had checked out NARS so I went back for a thorough look and chose these 4 items. Grace and Annie however went a little crazy but paid a fraction of what it would have cost them elsewhere so it actually was a no brainer for them. I went from 0 to 4 NARS products in a matter of minutes and probably would have got more had they had shades that appealed to me.
From Love Make Up I bought a sigma f82 (which I already have and love) and a Zoeva powder brush. I made a bit of a mistake with the round top kabuki. I actually bought the crown brush version and returned it when I realised I was paying full price but then I needed that sort of foundation brush for somebody else and as crown had sold out by this point I had to buy the sigma (not a bad thing as it's fantastic). The Love Make Up stand had the Real Techniques core collection (for around £16) skindinavia setting spray (was very tempted) Daniel Sandler cosmetics and lots more.
I've never worn false lashes before, I have an issue finding ones that look natural enough. I picked up a few as they were on sale for a good price at the Nigel Beauty Emporium stand. I also picked up a mini Duo lash adhesive from another stand for £4 which I've heard great things about.
I knew I was definitely getting this before I went. I've heard great things and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I bought the 3oz size from PAM which should usually be £11.50 but was around 8 at IMATS.
This was very extravagant for little old 'drugstore' me but I had a 'oh I'm at IMATS, what the heck' moment. It was £11.70 at IMATS instead of £17.95. I figured I could just buy it and decide later (sell it on) but £11.70 is almost the price of a maxfactor mascara to be honest (although I never pay full price for it but that's irrelevant right?).
Finally the NYX goodies. In all honest a few of us were so disappointed with how few shades were available. I mean they didn't have the mega shine gloss in beige!? Come on, that's one of the more popular ones. I don't think there was a huge discount on this either but you save on postage and are able to swatch I guess hence the huge crowd.


Anyway, that was a huge post. I'm so happy and grateful my friend bought me a ticket because I wouldn't spend £40 myself. It was a great experience and for those who like meeting youtubers and taking photos with them this was great as they were everywhere but I'm not the type of person to do that. This meant I found myself thinking I had to buy enough to justify the ticket price & other than NARS there definitely wasn't a huge saving (Inglot and MUFE were decent). The one talk I went to was fantastic (separate post on that) and I'm sure for MUA's and Make Up students the demo's & discounts are great but for your normal run-of-the-mill make up lover, I'm not sure how much is to be gained from IMATS (hence the name) so I probably wouldn't buy a ticket in the future.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!
    Whenever I see bloggers write about IMATS I wonder if I should go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great experience x

      Delete
  2. Looks like it was a great day out and a fab haul x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Ben Nye Luxury Loose powder in the colour Cameo as Banana is too dark for me and I have pink undertones but I love it, it is the best powder I have ever used, and doesn't look cakey at all :) I hope you like it as much as I do :) fab haul, you got some lovely things xxxxx

    www.mammafulzo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try it, heard fab things!

      Delete
  4. great haul - looks like a good day. I definitely will go next year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember serving you at the mental Love Makeup Stand I hope you love the brushes :) Ems xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. Thanks for serving x

      Delete
  6. Wow, looks like you got some really nice stuff and had a good day. I really wanted to go this year but couldn't make it. Here's holding out for the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh everything you bought is lush, loving the brushes and been dying to get my hands on that NARS Illuminator, you will have to let me know your thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul Mez! Can't wait to see the reviews. Looks like 'brush paradise'! Would love to attend something like this one day if I can save for the ticket! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great bargains but not cool about the brushes :(
    I'd love to go to IMATS one day too... hopefully next time!

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul!! Wow 60% discount is a lotttt. You managed to hold yourself!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have if there were more things I liked ;)

      Delete
  11. Check out your haul! Would have loved some NARS lip pies. Seems like a cake show exhibition. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me I need photograph and swatch them!

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)