Thursday, 6 June 2013

My fashionistMUA palette!?

Hi ladies

So here is a very late night impromptu post. I was ready to go off to bed and before logging out of facebook I noticed MUA promoting their fashionistA range. I tweeted my confusion because fashionistA is a brand of it's own and after a bit of snooping research  I discovered Mr MUA manufactures for other brands and fashionistA was one of them. MUA have now bought out fashionistA and given it the MUA effect, 'amazing quality for an amazing price'.  

In 2011 when fashionistA originally hit superdrug, I jumped on the bandwagon and got myself a palette. In addition to sharing the recent news I thought I would share my palette with you. Apologies for the photos but it's midnight and there's not much natural light here.

fashionistA palette
You can choose between a red and black 4 pan palette. You get 4 slots to fill up, a really good sized mirror and a very sleek palette. MUA have brought down the price of the palette to £2.

I had 2 blushers and 2 eyeshadows when I first bought this palette but 2 years later I now only have the 2 shadows. Getting rid of the blushers is no reflection of the quality but at the time I very rarely used blusher.

fashionistA MUA flush blusher swatch

I managed to find a photo I took of the blusher when I first bought it. I believe this was flush which was a very light pink and the other blush was in the shade brave which was a hot pink and is actually labelled as an eyeshadow on the superdrug website. Not quite sure what I was thinking when I bought that.

fashionistA MUA nude silver liner eyeshadow swatch
The shadows which I still have are in the shade Nude and Silver Lining.
fashionistA MUA nude silver liner eyeshadow swatch

The nude shade is the perfect nude for my skintone and you won't be able to see it in the swatch. It is a matte colour which I bought to sweep over the lid before applying other colours. Silver lining as you can see is a pigmented silver.


I think the packaging for this palette is perfect. You get the shadows individually like this which is perfect when you don't want to carry the whole palette and then as you can see below they easily pop out for you to pop in to the palette itself.


When I first got this palette I remember thinking there was nothing like it on the high street. I still don't think there is anything quite like it and I've always been surprised that despite the fantastic packaging and good quality products, the brand just never seemed to be talked about much. Now the prices have been lowered and the brand has the MUA momentum behind it things might change.

You can get a 4 pan palette with the products for a bargain £7 or a 6 pan palette for £10 here at the muastore or everything is half price on the superdrug website. If you would like to see swatches I came across some great ones by Helen over on Beautifully Superflous.

What do you think about this takeover?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


6 comments:

  1. As i've never seen them in any other shops I always thought fashionista and mua were owned by Superdrug - a bit like No 7 and 17 at Boots. Will check out next time I'm in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to pick one do these palettes, I like how slim they look and great bargain!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is sleek and a bargain in my opinion x

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of fashionista! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a very well known brand tbh x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)