Monday, 10 June 2013

My mini KIKO Cosmetics collection.

Hi ladies

There seems to be a lot of talk about Kiko Cosmetics at the moment but I first heard about it from Selina who blogs over at missbeautyadikt or YazMakeUpArtist on youtube (check her out. She is a MUA and has serious skills). Anyway I hadn't heard of the Italian brand before she raved about it and was excited when a Kiko store popped up in Stratford Westfield. The first time I went I just picked up a lip liner that was on sale for 99p (usually retails for £2.50) but then my lovely friend gave me a few kiko things so I thought I'd review what I had. I know there's lots being said about their summer collection but sadly I don't have any of that. 

I have 3 high pigmentation eye shadows - a highlight shade in 130, a gold shade in 102 & a dark brown in 132. These retail for £4.90 each.


I also added to my liquid liner collection with the kiko definition eyeliner which is a glossy black and has a super thin brush with a long tip.The formula is quite liquid so you may need to build up a little but the thin brush is great to help create a thin line. It doesn't transfer onto my lid and seems to last which is always great. This retails for £6.90.

kiko cosmetics swatches Liquid liner, lip liner 201, shadows in 132, 102 and 130
Left to Right: Liquid liner, lip liner 201, shadows in 132, 102 and 130.
The liquid liner swatch took a bit of building up but the lip liner in shade 201 is very smooth and pigmented. I love this rosey colour and think it complements my skintone as I don't like pinks that are too light. As you can see from the swatches the shadows are very pigmented. They are really soft and easy to blend. Below I created a look using these 3 colours without any primer. I think these colours really complement each other for a soft neutral look. 


In short, I am already a big fan of Kiko Cosmetics. There is so much in their store I have no idea where to venture next and I have heard great things about pretty much everything. There is a foundation for dry skin that is so amazingly priced so I think I'll head to their base products next. As always I'll be sure to review it if I give it a go.

Kiko is definitely on my radar for great quality at great prices. Have you tried anything from the brand? If you don't live near a westfield you can order online here.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. Ooh that gold is lovely! I'm not familiar with Kiko but will keep my eyes peeled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay glad I introduced you to it :)

      Delete
  2. I love Kiko! that lipliner colour is really pretty :D

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hearing loads of good things about Kiko make up now.. i think i shall go to the store next time i'm in Westfield x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you buy anything :)

      Delete
  4. Mez, you know how much i love KIKO! Ha ha! I like the gold eyeshadow, looks really pigmented. That's really sweet what you said about me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo Selina. I was clueless about KIKO before your videos x

      Delete
  5. Oh, my, goodness that GOLD! I must have that in my life. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Kiko's lipsticks-they even smell like the old school lipstick smell! Not too sure about the other stuff though, those eyeshadows look lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't know you had kiko stuff!

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)