Friday, 28 June 2013

My pinky 'nude' lip duo.

Hi ladies

Today I'll be talking to you about nude lips. I'm not sure this is summer appropriate as it's time for all the brights but this nude lip is a pink based nude so I guess it's ok. I think nude lips are difficult to get right for darker women as 'nude' for the fairer beauty isn't the most flattering on WOC (in my opinion but if it works for you, rock it). This was inspired by the lovely Hana from Me My Style and I who I talk to on twitter. She asked me what nude lipsticks I would recommend to darker ladies and I linked her to my Top 5 natural lippies post but then the next day my replacement clinique liner came in the post (the first one wouldn't twist up) and this clinique lip duo was born.


Clinique Quickliner for lips retails for £12. It is a twist up mechanism which is practical in theory as there's no sharpening but if it fails like the previous one did, there's not much you can do. Thank you to the Clinique Customer Care team for replacing mine.

Clinique Long Last Lipstick retails for £16.50. I got mine in a swap and I believe it is a sample size so I'm sure this isn't the packaging you would see if you bought it.

Clinique blushing nude lipstick cocoa rose quickliner for lips
The lipliner is described on the website as long wearing, creamy and water resistant. It is creamy and in terms of water resistant, it did take quite a while for me to rub the swatch off with water. 

The lipstick is described as a long wearing, creamy-matte formula all of which I agree with. I can see a bit of a sheen in the photo but I've never noticed that before and it definitely doesn't transfer to the lips. 

Clinique blushing nude lipstick cocoa rose quickliner for lip swatch

The lipstick is a browny pinky nude which I think is ideal for darker skin to achieve that 'my lips but better' effect. The lip liner underneath gives it more of a pink twist making it less of a true nude but it isn't a bright pink by any means (I don't think bright pinks suit my colouring).


Both of these together are matte and creamy. Don't mistake creamy for moisturising however because they are very different things. It's comfortable to begin with and long lasting but it can feel quite uncomfortable on the lips a few hours into wear as it gets a tad drying. Nothing wiping and reapplying can't solve but it's something to bare in mind.

So what is your go-to nude lip combo?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. I love browny pink nudes, this combo is really pretty! I never tried clinique lipsticks, actually... only the chubby sticks. x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big browny pink nude fan too x

      Delete
  2. Kiko have a great selection of nude lipsticks which are great for WOC! :)

    inamakeupminute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will take a look at Kiko - heard great things :)

      Delete
  3. Love the colour(s)! That's my favourite type of nude lip :)
    Prettyyy!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a really nice colour, as it's not the typical nude look. really suited to Asian colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely suited to Asian colouring x

      Delete
  5. Luscious lips! Mine of course is MAC Velvet Teddy and a Rimmel lipliner xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)