Friday, 21 June 2013

Swatching Session #2 - Bourjois, Revlon & 17.

Hi ladies

To get a bit of a back story on this very random post, have a look at my swatching superdrug saturday post. In short, I basically have an addiction to swatching things in shops. I figured I would put this to some use and from time to time make a post showcasing all these swatches. I thought this would be be the best time for these swatches as it's all Buy 1 get 1 half price.

As always these are very photo heavy posts so here we go...

Bourjois colour boost lip crayon swatches - £7.99
bourjois colour boost lip crayon Peach on the beach, Fuschia, Orange Punch & Red Sunrise swatches.
Left to Right: Peach on the beach, Fuschia, Orange Punch & Red Sunrise.
These were just like any other lip crayon out there. They aren't hugely pigmented although provide more pigment than the lip crayons released by other brands, they feel balmy upon application and are nice for a sheer pop of colour (or can be built up).

Revlon super lustrous lip gloss - £6.99
revlon super lustrous lip gloss Snow pink, pinkissimo, pink pop, kiss me coral, fatal apple, berry allure, super natural. swatches
Right to Left: Snow pink, pinkissimo, pink pop, kiss me coral, fatal apple, berry allure, super natural.
The Revlon Super Lustrous glosses have been around for a long time but these seem to be a new range. Unlike its predecessors they are round instead of in square packaging and they seemed to be pigmented and non sticky from what I could tell when swatching as they wiped away quite easily without leaving my arm sticky.

Seventeen lip crayons  - £4.99
17 lip crayons Bold, Playful, Knockout, Heartbreaker & Superstar swatches.
Left to Right: Bold, Playful, Knockout, Heartbreaker & Superstar.
17 are now Seventeen it seems and yes, more lip crayons. I hadn't really heard about these so was surprised when I came across them in Boots. Although there are only 5 shades, I love the colourful packaging and they really stood out to me on the shelf. They have a bit of everything from a pale nude, pinks, orange and a red. The pigmentation was decent so you can get anything from a sheer wash or a stronger colour if you build it up. 

Revlon Colorstay ultimate suede lipstick - £8.99
Revlon colourstay ultimate suede lipstick High Heels 030, Womenswear 010, Muse 005, Finale 095 & Couture 050 Backstage 035 swatches.
Left to right: High Heels 030, Womenswear 010, Muse 005, Finale 095, Couture 050 & Backstage 035.
I was really excited to try this after hearing a lot about them. They have an extensive range and I couldn't swatch them all (for fear of scaring other customers and my sleeves not rolling high enough). I tried to pick a few from pale to dark but now looking at the swatches there's a lot of pinks. I managed to hit a stand that had fresh testers so I gave the darkest shade, backstage a go and it felt sticky on my lips. It definitely is a matte and because of this it had incredible lasting power but even from the swatches you can see it is quite a dry formula.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick - £7.99
Bourjois rouge edition lipstick Rouge jet set 13, Rouge Buzz 10, Rose neon 12, Fuschia graffiti 07 & Violene Strass 18 swatches.
Top to Bottom - Rouge jet set 13, Rouge Buzz 10, Rose neon 12, Fuschia graffiti 07 & Violene Strass 18
From swatching, these are very pigmented, creamy and slightly glossy. They have 18 shades and this seems to be my sort of lipstick; a no fuss, pigmented, creamy pop of colour.

So, that's another round up. I genuinely worry people out there must think I'm a little crazy (blog readers, security guards and fellow shoppers alike). Either way, I hope this was useful. Will you be picking any of these up?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. At 2am this morning I had the urge to go to Boots and do this (despite it being closed). This is such a useful post, especially because our skin tones are in the same ball park it helps me pick colours easier. I love the Bourjois Rouge lipsticks might get Jet Set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post :) Makes me want to shop lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only a bit crazy! This lip colours look tres lush! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)