Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Lanolips Lip Ointments.

Hi ladies

Today I will be talking to you about the Lanolips Lip Ointment. I have a few sachets of the clear Lanolips 101 ointment that came in a beauty box many a moon ago, the Apples one which is a red tint and Rhubarb which I recently received in the epic BBB Edit Beauty Box that I have blogged about here. The 101 ointment retails for £11.22 and the tinted ointments retail for £8.16 which you can find in Boots.

I originally fell in love with Lanolips because of the sachet I received in a beauty box. I don't think I knew much about the brand but was wowed by how moisturising it was on the lips and managed to get a few more sachets. For those that don't know the main ingredient of Lanolips  is Ultra-Pure Medical Grade Lanolin which is taken from freshly shorn sheep's wool. I know this bothers some people but it is all quite natural and does a fantastic job of nourishing the lips so for the science take a look at this page of the Lanolin website.

On the left we have Rhubarb that I received in the beauty box and on the right is Apples which I bought from Boots.

They both moisturise just as well as the ointment whilst giving the lips a bit of a tint. I find that the Rhubarb shade is more of a creamier texture while the Apples shade has more of a gel like texture. I think you can see that in the photo as well hopefully but I could just be making that up. Sadly, Rhubarb doesn't show up on my lips and goes on quite clear but I'm sure on fairer ladies with less pigmented lips it'd show up as a pretty pink. Apples on the other hand does show up on my lips but it gives a very subtle, sheer red tint.
The swatches blended out a little.
In short, I'm quite the fan of Lanolips. I'm not sure if they have darker more pigmented colours in their range but I guess with lanolips, statement lips isn't really the point. Moisturising is and it does that well.

Heads up for Instagram users, Lanolips are running a competition to celebrate the collaboration with Jane where you can win the whole range! I don't have Instagram myself but if you want to find out more here's the info.

Are you a fan of Lanolips?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

Edit: I forgot to say the only niggle I have is the applicator. You can't apply it directly on your lips, you have to squeeze it onto your finger and then apply.

14 comments:

  1. I haven’t tried mine yet, but I am glad that the colour is sheer rather than too bold. Would be a shame not to use it just because of that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour or not they're great for moisturising :)

      Delete
  2. I keep wanting to pick one of these up from Boots but haven't got round to it yet. Once I run out of my current lip treatment I'll be there - they both look like great colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried Lanolips yet but these look lovely :) The pink one is such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. Love the colours too :)

      Delete
  4. Lanolip is fantastic! I'm a big fan... I haven't tried the tinted ones yet but the lemonaid is my favourite so far. I have the hand cream too, pretty pricey but you get tons of product.

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will look into the hand cream x

      Delete
  5. The packaging looks really cute, I think both colors are so pretty especially the pale think, too bad it doesn't show up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These swatches are so pretty! its a shame the lighter one doesnt show up on you. I love moisturising my lips, so I really want to try these now! xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The applicator is stoopid!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)