Monday, 1 July 2013

What a Scrubber #3

Hi ladies

It's been quite a while since I did the last scrubbing routine post. 6 months to be exact! I'm back again to show you what I've been using to exfoliate my face and body.


I can't find my before picture anywhere and as you can see this is almost finished.
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - £8/300ml
I heard so much about this scrub before I got my hands on it. I was expecting the most gorgeous scent as I love citrus scents and this contains lime. At first I really wasn't keen on the scent which is a mixture of sweet lime, almond oil and smashed brown sugar but very recently after lots of use, the lime aspect seems to be prevailing. Enough about the scent, in terms of exfoliating, it does a decent job but due to the consistency I dislike the fact that blobs fall in the bath when I'm trying to rub it. The packaging also means that the scrub gets into my nails as I scoop up some product. I'm not sure this exfoliates as much as I need and that may be due to the oils that stop it from being as vigorous as my flaky skin would like. However it may be nice for others who stay away from harsher scrubs and want to be left feeling moisturised (I always moisturise after I get out of the bath so would rather have a scrubby scrub).

St Ives Apricot blemish fighting scrub - £4.29/150ml (this may be an older formula).
Although this is actually a face exfoliator I used most of it on my body alternating with the soap & glory as it is very grainy and really does a good job of getting rid of the flakies. This is far from the gentlest exfoliator for the face although I know it is one of the more popular ones. I did use it on my face from time to time but have become weary of doing so since I've gotten a little more conscious about skincare.

Naturally radiant Brightening Micro Polish - £4.99/75ml
I have a whole review on this range and in short this was a gentle scrub with few exfoliating beads in the gel. It left my skin feeling soft and it was something I felt I could use regularly.

Most of these have finished now so I'm going to dive into the box under the bed and replenish the bathroom shelf.

Any exfoliating recommendations?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. Aww I adore Sugar Crush, sorry you weren't so keen - agree about it blobbing and getting under your nails though! I like that it moisturises though as I'm shamefully lazy about that ;) I also love the St. Ives scrub for my face, the scent is just so yummy and it's scrubby without being too intensive.

    I've not tried them, but the Lush body scrubs are meant to be excellent x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my cousin bought a lush one and it was awesome!

      Delete
  2. I love the St Ives body scrub. I find the Soap & Glory ones a bit messy to deal with :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the Sugar Crush (especially the oil factor actually) - pity it's so messy but if it's on offer I'd like to try it. I still have a fair bit of Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfolitor to get through (although I've started using it on my de-colletage for a gentle scrub up!) - have to look after these bits at my age! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the St Ives scrub, makes the skin lovely and soft, but not for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably the grittiest face scrub I've used.

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately I've got rid of m pamper sets otherwise I would have gladly passed them onto you to add to your collection! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you and your love for pamper sets :p

      Delete
  6. The S&G Breakfast scrub has a drier consistency so you will be able to get more friction with that one!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)