Thursday, 25 July 2013

Pegasus Beauty Summer Showcase.

Hi ladies,

A few weeks ago I went along to the Pegasus Summer Beauty showcase to see what new releases the brands they represent were coming out with. It was held at One Marylebone (formally a church) which is a very impressive building. 

The Collection Gothic Glamour  Collection releasing on September 25th. I am particularly excited by the darker lipsticks and impressed with the packaging. They remind me of the Revlon ones?
The deluxe collection is all about decadent glamour as you can see with the presentation.
These Colour Pro glosses are already out in store.
Next up, we have Trilogy! I have a travellers set in my stash of things to use that I bought a while ago. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
The new release from Trilogy is the Night Cream (£28.50) which is a blend including Rosapene, goji and Manuka. I'm currently using the Rosehip Oil after it came in the BBB Edit box and I'm liking it.
Holland & Barrett were also present at the event, showcasing their range of essential oils. The lovely lady explained they were all different prices because the ingredients don't cost the same. She said if a brand is selling different essential oils for the same price, something is off kilter, which makes sense.
I was particularly interested in talking to the expert at viviscal. She seemed really knowledgeable and I explained about the hair loss I've been experiencing and she said they'll send me the shampoo & conditioner. Fingers crossed it'll help!
Next up we had something I've heard a lot of talk about - Snail Gel! Not sure how I feel about it just yet but I'm glad it's just clear and not some icky colour reminiscent of snails.
At the Colladeen counter I was given an assessment by some Harley Street dermalogists. I was advised to swap sunflower oil for olive oil and eat more fruits like blackberries, blueberries etc. I have been given a lot of their stuff to try so once I begin testing it out I'll be sure to report back.
Definitely the most exciting part for me was seeing how steamcream is made! The ladies doing the demonstration were so so nice and explained how everything is handmade and they had a huge stand of lots of their pretty tins. 

I enjoyed taking a look at what all the brands were showcasing and was sent a bunch of goodies to try out, which I look forward to using. Thank you for having me along Pegasus.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

9 comments:

  1. sounds like a great event, nice brands! do i spot manuka doctors? looking forward to your review :)

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do indeed. I look forward to reviewing :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh the micro pedi looks good! I was thinking of buying it. What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ma sha Allaah that looks alot of fune :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an awesome event with lots to see and learn. I hope this means H&B will start stocking more essential oils. I'm getting into my beauty DIY-ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great event. Beauty DIY-ing sounds nice :)

      Delete
  5. Seems like an interesting event! What is steamcream? You must explain it to me in detail the next time you see me!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)