Monday, 29 July 2013

Philosophy Purity Cleanser.

Hi ladies

I got myself a sample of the Philosophy Purity Cleanser quite a while ago (I think it was when Debenhams had a code for 7 free samples when buying 2 products online) and recently got another bottle in the BBB Edit Beauty box. I was quite excited to give it a go because I'd heard such great things about this one step cleanser but didn't buy it as it costs £28.50. Having googled it,  in Boots you get 480ml of product for that amount which to be fair is quite a lot! If you don't want to invest that much you can get 90ml for £8 which is the size I have below.


In short it is a runny texture and is good for an everyday face wash especially for those with dry skin like me. Foaming/gel face washes don't leave my skin as soft or hydrated as creamier washes. Once mixed with water and rubbed onto the skin for a few seconds, it does lather a bit but nothing excessive.

Once I saw the runny texture of the cleanser, I was ready to say how it isn't very effective at removing make up but surprisingly it is. It is meant to be a 3-in-1 formula, i.e. cleanse, tone and remove all face and eye make up. It does remove it (including mascara, the ultimate test) and to be thorough there's nothing wrong with having a muslin cloth at hand.

For almost £30 it's too much for me to spend on an everyday facewash. To remove make up, my Superdrug hot cloth cleansers do a very good job at 1/10 of the price (when on offer). I'm also not the most ingredient savvy but was surprised to see this contains parabens and so isn't as 'pure' as you'd think, just in case that bothers you (it isn't a deal breaker for me). Having said that, I would definitely recommend this to those looking for a no faff cleanser that leaves you feeling soft and hydrated.

Have you ever tried this product?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

11 comments:

  1. I'm currently trying it out too as I also got the BBB box! While it does a good job there's just something that I'm not keen on. I can't put my finger on it but I don't think I'll be repurchasing either! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've um'd and ah'd over this cleanser for a while. Although the 3 in 1 aspect does appeal I wonder if it may be too creamy for me as I do prefer the gel cleansers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't describe it as creamy tbh, it's quite runny x

      Delete
  3. I quite like this cleanser but I found it disappointing with the Clarisonic, its too runny :( I have the mini bottle too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would definitely be too runny with clarisonic I'm guessing x

      Delete


  4. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    Makeup Cleansers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would mention the hot cloth cleanser! That's actually a product I need to get rid of as it's sitting on my bathroom rack! Anyway I would say I'd use this but I probably wouldn't cos of my botheration levels!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)