Sunday, 14 July 2013

Travalo review + how to get yourself one for under £2.

Hi ladies

I've been meaning to get this post up since I bought myself the Travalo last Sunday but ended up blogging about other things. I had a Travalo before but managed to lose it after my trip to India. I was very annoyed because at over £10 they aren't the cheapest things to replace so I didn't buy a new one. However, on the 02 Priority Moments App I noticed a £10 discount code for the Fragrance Shop with no minimum spend. You rarely get discount codes without a minimum spend so off I went to redeem my free tenner. I was going to buy a perfume at first but then noticed the Travalo and so I decided to grab one of them, only paying the £1.99 on top as they cost £11.99.

I went for the black one which in hindsight is quite boring considering there were some really cool colours to choose from but I like me some black.

This is the outer packaging it comes in. All quite sleek.
This clear panel allows you to see how much perfume you have left inside so you're not caught short when you're on the go.
This is the whole at the bottom of the Travalo that you use to fill the product. 
To fill the Travalo you lift off the silver cap on the perfume of your choice. Here I have DKNY Be Delicious.
Place the bottom of the travalo on top of the now exposed spray nozzle thing (professional vocab only here) and basically keep pumping up and down till the Travalo is filled.
So that's that. If you have 02 Priority Moments, there is a week before this code expires. I believe you can only use it in store and not online unfortunately. You don't need to get a Travalo with your code of course but I definitely recommend them. They are perfect for travel as they are so small compared to some extravagant perfume bottles and can be used on planes as it comes within the 100ml limit. I believe there is something like 65 sprays worth of product so enough to take on a long holiday (just make you don't lose it, grrrr).

I had a quick google and have seen the Travalo on websites such as cheapsmells and ebay for £7.25. Considerably cheaper than the £11.99 in store. Be careful when buying on ebay as some of the cheaper unbranded versions have a different design and have known to leak.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

PS If you're not on 02, maybe ask a friend who won't be using the code to hook you up? ;)

10 comments:

  1. I bought a dupe of this from Play.com for less than £3. I've taken it travelling with me and it hasn't leaked once:

    http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/33762606/UKplay365-Spray-Bottle-Easy-Fill-Travel-Perfume-Aftershave-Atomizer-5ml-Silver/Product.html?searchstring=perfume&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bperfume%7d%2bc%7b439%7d%2bc%7b3399%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review - I've seen Travelo at Nordstrom Rack, but I've been a bit hesitant in buying it because I didn't know if it worked or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely works and is such a space saver :)

      Delete
  3. amazing bargain, thanks for sharing! I have the o2 but didnt notice the offer. I have a travalo but desperately need one for my husband... let's say he doesn't travel light. ;)

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want one of these but im not on o2 :(

    Shana

    xbeautybeatsx.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I wish I'd known about this earlier! Had to pack my perfume away for my travels! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame but guess there's a few of you so you'd prob need the full size anyway x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)