Sunday, 18 August 2013

Battle of the Pore Primers - excruciating before/after photos.

Hi ladies

This post has been a long time coming. I've been trying out a few primers over the past few months that claim to reduce the appearance of pores amongst other things, such as wrinkles, fine lines etc. My focus is on pores as that is what I 'suffer' with (how dramatic). Starting with the cheapest we have Garnier Perfect Blur primer (£12.99 for 30ml, currently on offer for £8.66 in Botts), Nanoblur (£19.99 for 30ml) and Benefit Porefessional (£24.50 for 22ml).
The porefessional is a mini size.
From left to Right: Garnier, Nanoblur, Porefessional.
They all have completely different textures and even colours. The Garnier primer is a moussey formula with a pinky shade, the Nanoblur is a white runny gel like liquid and Porefessional is a beige, thick cream.

In these sorts of posts I think it's best to let the photos do the talking so here we go.

Benefit Porefessional
This is easy to spread on the skin and leaves it very smooth, if not somewhat slippery feeling (I hear it's too greasy for some oily skin). It can sometimes accentuate my dry flakes and in terms of reducing the appearance of pores, I would say this is the least effective but still decent. Review with better photos.

Garnier Perfect Blur Smooth Perfecting Primer
This leaves the skin very smooth, is easy to rub in and you can apply foundation on top pretty much rightaway. It completely mattifies the skin without drying out my already dry skin or making the flakies look worse. Review with more photos.
Nanoblur

This comes out as a runny white liquid and looks like a gel moisturiser but when applied to the skin it is very tacky. You need to let it set before you try and apply make up on top.

And the winner is...
In short I think the Garnier works best at minimising the appearance of my pores and I like the texture it leaves behind. It's like it instantly sucks away all oiliness without leaving the skin dry and is a great base for make up too. Not only that, it's the cheapest of the bunch so my inner cheapo money conscious person is jumping for joy. I think these sort of primers are perfect for the summer when we're all perspiring (attractive) and want our skin to look better but without coverage. Most of the time I use these with nothing on top and love the difference it makes, especially in the warmer months.

Which is your favourite primer or even skincare product to reduce the appearance of pores?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

14 comments:

  1. The effect is really obvious with the garnier one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. Definitely the winner :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent and useful post as I also suffer from enlarged pores and combination skin. The results are clear to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Garnier one looks fab. I do love Porefesional though. Will have to give the Garnier a go, been using W7's Camera Ready Primer which works really really well. Good post :) I love comparison posts.

    Kate Hurn from UK Bloggers Comment Swap
    Beauty Hot Squad - Thick & Fast Mascara Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard about that primer before. I'm not too familiar with w7 to be honest x

      Delete
  4. The Garnier Primer definitely looks the best Mez - even better that it's the cheapest! Good to see the comparisons x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good when the cheapest is the best :)

      Delete
  5. Reviews like this are fantastic because they really show how good a product is. The Garnier primer sounds fabulous but I've heard that it can block pores (and my pores get blocked super easy) so I've avoided it thus far but the photos look so promising that I may actually try it! I use porefessional at the moment and I really like it but it is pricey isn't it xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the review. I luckily don't have issues with blocked pores, or maybe I do and just don't know it :S

      Delete
  6. I have been wanting a pore minimising primer like forever! The Garnier one has the best results! Thanks for sharing, I now know which one to try out and the fact that it isn't overly priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, always more exciting to find products that work but aren't overly priced :)

      Delete
  7. The Garnier is totes the best! TBH I haven't made much use of the primer you gave me but I think I may now just to use it up xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)