Friday, 2 August 2013

Foundation Friday - DHC Q10 Moisture Care Liquid Foundation

Hi ladies

I'm trying to bring back Foundation Friday which I started earlier this year and we're bringing it back with DHC's q10 moisture care liquid foundation. I was sent 2 shades as we weren't sure which one would match. This foundation comes in 4 shades from light to medium skin tones and I have the 2 darker shades in 02 and 03. This foundation retails for £25 for 40g of product which you can buy from the DHC website.

dhc moisture care liquid foundation 02 03

The packaging is a mixture of bright pink and purple plastic with a pump. It would be perfect to travel with as it is so light but personally as 'fun' as it is, it doesn't scream high end foundation to me. Having said that, DHC is a japanese brand and I have noticed Japanese products are quite bright and in your face.
dhc moisture care liquid foundation swatch 02 03
Top - 03
Bottom - 02
So let's just get the shade range out of the way. The darkest shade is in fact a little too light for me and there are much darker ladies than me out there. Again, this might be to do with the fact that it is a Japanese brand.

02 is definitely too light and I could use it to lighten up foundations that are too dark for me. 03 like I said is also a little too light for me but I can make it work. My cheeks are lighter than my forehead and chin so the foundation matches that area. Elsewhere I have to make sure I blend, blend, blend. While we're on the subject, the runny texture makes it pretty effortless to blend over the skin. I have used both brushes and my hands (the latter of which I rarely do with foundation).

The reason I was excited to try this foundation is because it was described as ultra-moisturising with dewy coverage. Now, when I pumped it on my hands, the swatch as you can see above looked really promising. Lightweight and dewy looking. However, I have really dry skin and I don't think this foundation is particularly moisturising. For normal skin, it might be, but on me it was neither noticeably moisturising nor drying. In terms of a dewy finish, I get more of a glow from the YSL touche eclat foundation. I would describe this as something in between dewy and matte, I believe they call that satin?

That aside, it gives good coverage and if you are fairer skinned, looking for a foundation of this price range and have normal/combination skin, I would recommend you keep this in mind.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

1 comment:

  1. How much did this cost? Such a shame when even the darkest shade is too light!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)