Saturday, 10 August 2013

Swatching Session #4 - 1D lippies, collection, sleek & L'oreal.

Hi ladies

So the next round of swatches I've collected amassed a lot quicker than expected so I thought I'd get this up. 

Collection Colour Pro Intense Colour Lip Lacquer - £6.50

Rebel, Show Off, It Girl, Prom Queen.

Nicely pigmented glosses.
Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil - £3.19


Left to Right
Vanilla Sky, Vintage Blush, Gunmetal Glitz, Hot Chocolate, Denim Diva, Midnight Glam
Review of this coming soon.

Sleek Lip 4 Lipstick Palette - £8.99

Ballet
Tease

Some seriously dodgy swatches here but as you can see the texture and pigmentation of the shades really varies. Some are really liquidy like the 2 reds and some are more matte. It comes in 'sleek' packaging with a mirror and lip brush but to be honest I'm just not a lipstick in a palette kinda girl. It would be good for travel though.

L'oreal Sensational Shine Gloss - £6.19

Left to Right - Grenaldine, Coffee Kiss, Electric Orange, Stellar Berry & Fabulous Pink.
These really caught my eye in Boots. It has a bit of a scent, is not noticeable sticky, gives a pop of translucent colour and the packaging is sleek enough to take minimal space in your bag. In the age of stains and jumbo pencils, this a no nonsense, old school gloss. There is an extensive shade range with some gorgeous colours.

One Direction Make Up (in collaboration with MUA)
Lip Polish - £2.50
Bottom to Top - Strawberry, Watermelon, Cherry, Vanilla & Blueberry.
Lipstick - £3
Bottom to top -  I want (Liam), Rock me (Louis) & I wish (Zayn)
Lets be honest what do One Direction know about make up? I'm guessing this is quite the money maker though considering MUA's target audience are around the age range of the majority of 1D fans (majority, not all).

So that was another round up of swatches. I should really get therapy for this swatching obsession.

Till next time...Toodles! :)


11 comments:

  1. Oooh the Collection lip laquers look lovely, even though I usually stick to lipstick I think I might buy one of them! Yeah the one direction makeup doesn't really appeal to me - seems more like a money-making scheme than good products! :)

    Zahra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually stick to lipsticks too and yes 1D make up is definitely a good money maker x

      Delete
  2. I need these Collection eyshadow pencils in my life! They look amazing, really enjoyed this post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh very helpful, its always good to have swatches of drugstore products <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. great swatches! the color pro lipglosses look fantastic and denim diva eye pencil is beautiful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Denim diva is beautiful :)

      Delete
  5. Hehe loved this post - I'm addicted to swatching too! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those swatches have the richest colour! I will have you know that I am a fan of One Direction but I still do not agree with them having a make up range-it's laughable! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)