Monday, 9 September 2013

Collection Eyeshadow Pencil.

Hi ladies

It seems the High Street is filling up with these sorts of eyeshadow pencils. Everything is getting jumbo sized, from lip products to eye products. I am hoping to pick up a few from different brands and do a comparison post but for now I received this Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate. You can pick this up for £3.19 which is one of the cheaper eyeshadow pencils you can pick up. Collection have completely rebranded from the Collection 2000 of yesteryear and on a separate note I am looking forward to the future collections that I caught a glimpse of at the Pegasus Beauty Event.
I think the reason why people like these pencils is because of how convenient and easy they are. Pop on a primer, 'colour in' your eyelid, blend it out and pop out of the door. On the other hand, you can use them to build up an elaborate look, using creamy and powder textures together to create a statement.
In terms of packaging there isn't much to say but I like that the different shades have different coloured packaging and there's a transparent lid. Thin and very light to pop into your bag should you need to travel with it.

The thing that instantly hit me when I first swatched these pencils was just how creamy they were. They glide on like silk (wow I'm beginning to annoy myself with these clichés) and are packed with pigment! When I applied and blended on my lids, this had a hint of purply grey (is that taupe then?) to it as opposed to a typical chocolate colour. As you can see with the swatch above it also leaves a metallic/foil sort of effect.

The ultimate test for me is lasting power and the collection ones are really good in this department. They definitely need a primer and I use the UDPP but once that's done they don't crease any quicker than other more expensive creamy products out there. In fact, they are waterproof and seem to set after a bit and even after lots (and lots) of rubbing at my arm to remove the swatches, they barely budged (bare in mind arms and lids are completely different things). 

Bottom to Top: Vanilla Sky, Vintage Blush, Gunmetal Glitz, Hot Chocolate, Denim Diva, Midnight Glam
There are 6 shades in the range. They have a great base/highlight shade, this brown neutral, a particularly gorgeous blue and a sort of gunmetal grey/black to smoke up the look. The shade range is very limited but other than that, they get a thumbs up from me.

Are you a fan of these types of pencils?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

21 comments:

  1. I picked up one of these the other day and I have to say I'm quite impressed. For the price they are really easy to work with and long wearing. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eyeshadow sticks, especially as using as a base for more heavy eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's the skilled MUA in you.

      Delete
  3. I unfortunately didn't get on with the Collection eye shadow pencils! The tip of mine fell off straight away, even though it hadn't been left in heat or anything. Maybe I just got a faulty one! It's such a shame though because I've heard such good things about them and the pigmentation looks amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh we reviewed these on my group blog. I love the pigment in them, my favourite is Vintage Blush!! So pretty!

    Kate H (From UK Bloggers)

    A Woman's Quest - 3 Bargain Mascaras Put To The Test

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so great! tempted to purchase some

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pencil eyeshadows, so easy to use. And what a great price too, especially seeing they look so pigmented!!

    BTW, I am a new follower on Bloglovin!!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are very pigmented. Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried any of these pencils yet, but I love the look of them. That colour is gorgeous, and perfect for autumn! I might take a look next time I'm in Boots :)

    Janey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! Will definitely be on the lookout next time i'm in Boots and find myself with some money!

    Laura - Hex-Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great love the shade!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review. The shades look gorgeous! I think I'm going to pick a couple on my next trip to boots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use eyeshadow sticks and gels but have yet to try a pencil. These shades look gorgeous though, so I may have to give them a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my they look amazing! I've just had a look at the Collection range since I've never actually tried anything but my beloved concealer. Need to get my hands on these! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look super nice! Perfect for Winter!

    Love Daniela - www.ohellabella.blogspot.com

    Check out my blog sale HERE
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look super nice! Perfect for Winter!

    Love Daniela - www.ohellabella.blogspot.com

    Check out my blog sale HERE
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure if I would buy these-ever. I like the old school idea of eyeshadow I guess... xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)