Saturday, 14 September 2013

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliners for A/W 2013.

Hi ladies

On this wet and dreary afternoon, it seems very fitting that I'll be talking to you about some autumn/winter releases and waterproof ones at that. In August I was kindly sent some products from GOSH and these are definitely the products I've used the most (alongside the CC cream which will be getting a review of it's own). Whenever I've used some lip colour this past month, I've just chosen these all over the lips. These retail for £4.99 and come in 5 shades.


I personally think the GOSH packaging is very sleek. The prices can be higher than the usual high street prices (especially for base products) but I think that is really reflected in both the packaging and quality.

I was sent 3 colours - Antique Rose, Cardinal Red and Flirty Orange. I'll start off by saying, orange lips really aren't my thing but the other 2 colours could not be more spot on. 


GOSH velvet touch lipliners antique rose, cardinal red & flirty orange swatch
Top to Bottom: Flirty Orange, Cardinal Red & Antique Rose.
Antique Rose is my perfect everyday lip colour. I've recently started a new job and this is perfect for a hint of colour. I think it is a great 'nude' for those with a darker skintone but would be just as pretty on fairer skin.

Cardinal Red is more of a pinkier red than a fire engine or dark red. This could easily pass as an everyday colour too if applied lightly or you can layer it for a more intense evening look.

The orange isn't something I would wear but for those looking for a true orange lip liner, here you go!
I think the hand swatches above are a more accurate reflection of the shades
These are described as intense, waterproof colour pigmentation and I agree. It glides on the lips and leaves a matte look which I think looks very sophisticated but after a few hours wear I definitely need to have a little wipe to avoid those dreaded rings forming in my inner lip.

All in all these get a big thumbs up from me!

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love them ALL! What gorgeous colours, and they look lovely on your lips! xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing Mez - loving Cardinal Red. Great prices too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades look lovely on you! So tempted to go out and buy some of these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great on you. I'll check these out soon, I could do with a good lip liner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pink on those lips of yours! Gorgeous!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee these look really good. The pink is my fave :)

    Kate H (UK Bloggers)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)