Sunday, 29 September 2013

Organic Surge skincare.

Hi ladies

Organic Surge isn't really a brand that was on my radar but then they had a 70% discount offer and that sort of discount definitely grabs my attention. 
Organic Surge products are 100% free of harsh chemicals – no parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, no artificial fragrances or colourants and no genetically modified ingredients. And the very soul of Organic Surge lies in its charitable donations and hands-on work spanning many years.
All prices listed below will be the usual prices not the discounted prices I paid.

I bought myself a facewash (x2 by accident), cleansing lotion, body lotion, moisturiser and a body scrub.
From bottom to top: face wash, body lotion, cleansing lotion and moisturiser.
These sorts of  'swatches' might seem pointless but I think it helps to see the texture.
Daily Care Face Wash - £5.49
I annoyingly bought 2 of these without realising. Although this says it is for all skin types, I don't think it's great for dry skin. It doesn't leave my skin as hydrated as the sorts of cleansers I usually go for. However I like the pump packaging and think it would be good for oilier skinned lasses.

Gentle Cleansing Lotion - £5.99
I quite like this product. This is again designed for all skin types but I think it's a good one for dryer skin as it leaves my skin nicely hydrated. I don't use it to remove eye make-up as it isn't fun when you get it in your eye but I think it'll be good to remove face make up when my skin gets dryer this winter. It removes what I need to and is great for lazy nights when you just want to wipe things off with a cotton pad.

Fresh Ocean Light Body Lotion - £5.99
This has a thin, light texture with a really nice fresh scent. It does take a while to fully rub it in but it's a nice, no fuss body lotion.

Super Intensive Daily Moisturiser - £8.99


This is a much thicker consistency of moisturiser than I'm used too. It is targeted for dryer skin and I think it'll be great for the upcoming winter months to hydrate my flaky skin.

Million Dollar Brown Sugar Body Polish - £32

How fancy is this packaging? It looks great in the bathroom, although it uses a lot of space on the bathroom shelf and gets quite sticky.

I thought I would instantly love the scent of this as it contains sweet brown sugar, orange oil and bergamot. However, the orange doesn't come through as much as I would like. This is the kind of body scrub that is gritty enough to do the job yet isn't harsh because of the oils. It leaves an oily residue on the skin which some people like so they don't have to moisturise and others (like my mum) find too greasy. I can't find this on the website any more but at £32 as nice as it is, it is very expensive.

Here are the sums, quite the bargain I'm sure you'll agree...

Order Summary

There are 6 items in your basket.
Sub total£63.95
Promotional Discount-£43.72
Order total:£20.23

Overall, there are some hits and misses for me but if you're looking for a 100% natural skincare brand at decent prices I would recommend you give Organic Surge a go. They might not have 70% off on a regular basis but I know they do have offers so maybe give them a follow on Twitter to keep up to date.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

7 comments:

  1. Great review Mez! I fancy trying the body lotion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I didn't realise about this discout... amazing! Organic Surge is brand that I've been meaning to try for a while... that sugar scrub looks so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh they look quite nice and the packaging is pretty too :-)

    Helen (UK Bloggers) X

    www.allthebeautifulthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I like the look of the body polish!
    Linda x
    http://beautyhotsquad.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really nice brand now I´m following you in GFC and bloglovin´
    I hope your follow me back in both!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You buy so much skin care! LOL at the comment about lazy days using cotton pads. Talk about every day for me. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)