Tuesday, 29 April 2014

FOTD (well sort of) - wedding edition.


Hi ladies

So over 5 months of planning later, 3 weeks ago was my brothers wedding. In those 5 months, I managed an abysmal 3 blog posts! I thought I would show you a little snapshot of the looks I went for for the wedding weekend.

It was the first time I had my make up professionally done (if anybody lives in East London and is looking for a MUA then feel free to drop me a message - i'll point you in her direction). I was seriously nervous beforehand because I am fussy when it comes to make-up. very fussy. Overall however, I was happy with how the two looks turned out. The only thing I would have changed was a dewier look on the first day. It photographed beautifully but in real life it was just a bit too dry looking for me. The next day I brought that up with the MUA and she addressed that by using MAC strobe liquid (something she never dupes she said).



The first day when my clothes were more neutral (A buff coloured long dress) the MUA went for neutral eyes and 'Great Gatsby' inspired lips as she put it. The lips were darker than the photo actually shows and I was quite apprehensive at first but it was a hit. I couldn't pinpoint you any particular colour to achieve those lips unfortunately as she mixed 3/4 mac lipsticks. In terms of eyes, she went for a neutral "dirty smokey eye" which I think complimented the overall look very well.

The next day my clothes were purple so she went for a dark purple smokey eye and lighter lips. Initially the lips were too barbie pink for me so I asked that she add a bit more colour and I was happy with the result. As I have hooded lids I have always found it easier to play up my lips and not do much with my eyes. I basically just lack the skill. However, because the day before I focused on the lips, I wanted to play up the eyes. The purple smokey eyes were made up from a mixture of  MAC, kiko (shadows which she used wet) and bellapierre pigments. The MUA was a big fan of the kiko shadows and they looked really pretty so I might look into getting them. Doubt I can get it to look anything like this though.

So there you go. Hopefully from now on, normal blogging will resume. I'm excited to get back into it as it's been pretty much 6 months of barely any blogging. If there is anything in particular you would like to see than drop me a comment.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

16 comments:

  1. Love the eye make up and i like bellapierre they do nice blushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Don't have much experience with bellapierre tbh x

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!!! Love the lip colour x http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the eye make and the lips are really complementary to the whole look...beautiful x
    http://jenjbboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty mashaAllah! And I love that lip colour in the top right (now to find a product that is that shade) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dressing up for Asian Weddings!! I like the bold lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like having to get dressed up clothes wise but enjoy the make up lol x

      Delete
  6. literally in love with the lip colour, such a beautiful shade x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeup, looks fab on you and it's great the MUA listened to you and was able to fix what you wren't happy with!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing Mez - eyes, lips the lot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Wish I could take the credit lol

      Delete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)