Saturday, 17 May 2014

MAC lipsticks - Diva and Hot Tahiti.


Hi ladies

I was recently gifted two MAC lipsticks which doubled my MAC lipstick collection in a moment (I previously had Russian Red and Plumful). I am always weary of people buying make up gifts for me without my input in shades so when I saw these shades I was very impressed. I had heard of both Diva and Hot Tahiti and the former was a colour I had my eye on. 




Initially when I opened the caps, I thought two things:
- Oh a Glaze finish lipstick. Hmmm I wonder what that will be like.
- Hmmm these two shades look pretty similar to each other.

MAC lipstick Diva Hot Tahiti lipstick

MAC lipstick Diva Hot Tahiti

I've haven't really given Diva a whirl because it is a dark lip and now we're into spring it requires an occasion for me to rock this colour (I await the day). However, I've worn Hot Tahiti a number of times and I am so impressed! I don't have much to say on the finish itself (I believe they are meant to have low level pigmentation and a sheeny finish) but the colour is perfect for an everyday pop of colour on the lips. It is a very subtle red in my opinion (MAC call it a soft reddish-coral) and against my skintone looks almost natural (depending on how much I apply) especially because I tend to blot to get rid of the shine.

MAC lipstick Diva Hot Tahiti swatches

As you can see in the swatches, the two colours do not look alike as they do in the bullet. Hot Tahiti swatches a lot lighter than you would think with an almost transparent look whereas Diva is an opaquely pigmented lipstick. I have tried Diva using a light hand and blending approach and found that it left a very pretty stain so it can be used both ways.

Overall, I am so happy with the shades I was gifted. Good job!

What is your favourite MAC lipstick? Do you think they are worth the £15 price tag?

Till next time...Toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. Totally loving those shades but I find MAC lippy dries out my lips by the afternoon. I've been sticking to lip balms and Clinique's Chubby Sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't the most moisturising x

      Delete
  2. These look really lovely shades. I asked for some lipstick recommendations over on Twitter a few weeks ago and there were so many Mac ones mentioned!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shades! Think I prefer the Diva out of the two, not sure I would pay £15 for them though, I'm a big fan of the Kate Moss range at Rimmel which is cheaper!

    Sarah @ theblossomcart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these Mez and the 2 you already had, wish I was a little braver as I would love to wear brighter/ bolder colours. I tend to stick to paler/nude shades, boring old me lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these shades.
    I brought two new Mac lipsticks myself today but they are not nearly as nice.
    Quite tempted to exchange after this.
    Nice picks
    xx
    | | Dreams Of New York | |

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try hot tahiti, never tried a glaze lipstick.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)