Saturday, 7 June 2014

Seventeen Lip Crayons.

Hi ladies

Around boxing day sales time, I picked this up from boots at the bargain price of £5. The full price was £10 which is fantastic value within itself considering one lip crayon retails for £4.99. I believe the colours in this set were limited edition but the normal range which you can buy from Boots, has a selection of 5 colours. Seventeen is currently on 3 for 2 so if you like the look of these, now is the time to grab them.




The only negative I have about the product is the lid. It is so loose that it barely stays on which can be a big problem if you want to put it in your make up bag.

I love the vibrant colours that were in this set - I don't want to focus on it too much as it isn't a set you can buy any more but they had a bit of everything. A nudey colour, a red, a bright pink and an orange. Perfect for spring/summer.
They have a balmy texture  but despite the translucent colour (as with most jumbo pencils) there definitely is a lot of pigmentation.
I just thought this looked cool once I'd wiped off the lip swatches.
As you can see with the lip swatches, it sure packs some colour. I use the nude colour (for my skintone anyway) nearly everyday. On my lips, it just gives a nice sheen (although I can build it up) but I imagine it would be a very pretty colour on fairer skin/less pigmented lips.

If you'd like to see swatches of the colours available in store, a year ago I did a 'swatching session' post and here you can see the whole range. Funnily enough I actually forgot about this till I googled swatches and my link came up in the results!

Overall, I think these lip crayons are a great option on the high street, that's if you're not sick of the jumbo lip pencil craze.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

10 comments:

  1. Ooo these look lovely! I'll have to have a look at the regular line :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh the 3rd one looks lovely, very much my colour!

    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete

  3. They all look great on you, plus what a bargain! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and got to love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shades. They remind a lot of the MUA Power Pouts but I wonder how they compare in pigmentation.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for essential information on this subject. The information was necessary as Im about to launch my very own portal. Alpha XTRM Thanks for providing a lacking link in my business. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought one thing good here.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)