Friday, 18 July 2014

Cheap contouring powder for medium/asian skintones.

Hi ladies

So I have been on the hunt for a contour powder that actually works with my skintone for a long time. I wasn't even particularly looking on the high street but most things tend to be a warmer brown and I seem to need something with a cooler greyish undertone. So when Kaushal mentioned that she used the Natural Collection eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut to contour, at £1.99 I had to give it a go.





The packaging is standard natural collection. Plain white, with clear lids and pretty light/cheap as expected. It's tiny so you can chuck it in your make up bag but then I'm not sure how durable it is.

Now onto the main thing...The colour and tone of the eyeshadow. In short, it is perfect! I always thought I was doing something wrong before when it came to contouring but turns out I just didn't find the right product. This is a very cool toned brown and when applied to my face, it mimics hollowed out cheekbones.
Sorry for the insanely perfected photo. I didn't realise my phone was on beauty mode and this is the only photo I had.


This is basically the dream team. A random mini bareMinerals brush I got with a tester foundation pot and the contour itself. I just dip the brush into the pot and then lightly push it under my cheekbones instead of swiping it. I have a angled contour brush but I find that it's too big. I think something like the Real Techniques contour brush would also be the perfect shape.

So, if like me you're above lets say nc30 in MAC shades or have a colouring which makes warm bronzing powders look weird on you, then give this a go. If it doesn't work, you've lost £1.99?

A huge thanks to Kaushal for sharing her little secret. I'm sure you're all subscribed to her youtube channel, but if you're not, I recommend you swing by.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

9 comments:

  1. I need a beauty mode on my camera! Looks perfect for your skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheek looks amazing in that photo! Looks like it's the perfect colour for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!

    http://theanonymousbeautyblogg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is tough. Im not Neuroxium pointing fingers at you though, really I think its everyone else that is responsible. The style that you write make it really comfortable to read. And the template you use, wow. It is a really good combination. And I am wondering whats the name of the design you use. http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/neuroxium/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im attempting to figure out how to subscribe to the RSS feeds, but cannot figure it out. Some help
    Formula 41 Extreme would be awesome ThanksThanks for the great work! Cool blog. There are a number of opinions on this topic and this blog states the issue extremely great.
    http://www.supplements4help.com/formula-41-extreme/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands down, Apples app store wins by a mile. Its a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Pure Testo Xplode Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but Im not sure Id want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.Hello, I found this blog via google, just thought you might want to know!http://www.healthcaresups.com/pure-testo-xplode/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I noticed a 3 of your interesting posted posts and wished to ask in case you would be keen on reciprocal pages? Team have weblog about alexis texas ass! Alpha XTRM Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.Here it is in a nutshell: You need to learn more in respect to.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This postis so much better than my buddy Chriss blog. He really doesnt know what hes writing about.My neighbor and I were simply debating this specific subject, Intellux hes normally in search of to show me incorrect. Your view on that is nice and precisely how I actually feel. I simply now mailed him this website online to indicate him your individual view. After trying over your web site I guide marked and shall be coming again to read your new posts!http://www.healthcaresups.com/intellux/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)