Saturday, 5 July 2014

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.

Hi ladies

Today we have a short and sweet review of the DHC deep cleansing oil. You can get a 200ml version of this for around £21.50 that comes with a useful pump. There is also a 70ml version for £11 that also has a pump and then this mini 30ml size for £4.50 which is perfect for travelling and testing out.

This cleansing oil contains no colourants, no mineral oil, no parabens and no sulfates. It is a water-soluble oil that contains vitamin e and olive oil.
I don't have much experience with cleansing oils but I would have assumed they would be great at melting off make up. I wasn't far wrong.  I pour some drops of this onto dry hands and massage it into my face and eyes. The biggest thing for me when it comes to removing make up, is mascara. This oil melts that off with ease and if you look in the mirror, the mascara is all over your face which can then just be washed off.

As you rub this into your skin and it dissolves all the make up and dirt, the oil turns milky. I then use a muslin cloth to get rid of the cleanser and give my skin a slight exfoliation. It leaves my dry skin feeling nourished and soft whilst removing all traces of make up. I couldn't ask for much more.

Since this cleansing oil was launched, I have heard of some cheaper alternatives on the high street but I am yet to give any a go. Do you have any recommendations? It would be interesting to see if they can perform as well as this DHC offering.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

ps excuse the quality of the photos - they were taken a long long time ago.

5 comments:

  1. I've used this DHC product. I'm not a massive fan of cleansing oils per se but if you do, this is a really good choice. As you point out, it removes makeup with ease and I love the way it transforms into a milk on contact with water. Great review. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get on with this particular oil at all :( I felt it made my skin look and feel greasy. I've been using the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil which suits my skin a lot better :)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the DHC Cleansing Oil Mez it works really well for me! I've just repurchased for the third time! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this oil before, but recently bought the Body shop camomile oil and I love it!
    makes melting makeup off so easy and I like how my skin feels nourished afterwards rather than feeling dried out ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried oils before, I have oily skin and I feel like it'll just clog up my pores but seeing so many girls talk about oils as they are so good at removing make-up and nourishing the skin, I wan to try it.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)