Wednesday, 23 July 2014

DHC Premium Lipstick in Rich Raspberry

Hi ladies

DHC is a Japanese brand better known for their skincare. However, as my review of their foundation from last August shows (OMG almost a year ago), they also have a make up range. I was recently sent one of their lipsticks to try out and I was excited to give it a go after reading it's description. You can buy this lipstick for £13 on the DHC website.



First of all, how pretty is this! From the outer box to the actual lipstick, it is so beautiful and sleek. I love the floral detail on both the box and the bottom bit of the lipstick. The gold lid just finishes it off really well and makes it look very classy. The only thing I would say is the bullet feels a little rattly when I shake it.

This is the perfect colour for me. It would probably be very vibrant on lighter skin and on me, it is a gorgeous medium pink which is perfect for this time of year for that effortless look without going for a nude.

It has no scent to it which is a shame because a fruity smell would have made it perfect for me. Having said that, this is probably better because scents are very personal and you're less likely to annoy anybody.

DHC describe the lipstick as; a satin finish lipstick with micronised pigments that deflect light for a fuller, plumper appearance.

Now, although I don't know exactly what micronised pigments are, as you can see in the photo, my lips do like quite full. I should add I don't have any problems in that department anyway but I do think the satin finish does help. I can't see any shimmer on my lips at first glance but after staring at them for a long time, I think their must be something to that effect which creates that plumped look. The ingredients include olive oil and vitamin A which helps to give it a balmy feel on the lips. In terms of longevity, I have been fasting this month so without eating and drinking it has lasted a decent few hours. However, we all know eating and drinking is the real test.

Overall, I think this offering by DHC is fantastic. They only have 6 shades in the range but they look fab. Will you be giving this a go?

Till next time...Toodles! :)


8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful shade, I wish I could wear the berry and dark plum shades as I love nail polish in that colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a nice deep pink lipstick - DHC is not a brand I was aware of so thanks for introducing them to me.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo what a lovely shade! You don't think of DHC when it comes to lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some interesting points in that clause but I don't know if I see all of them CogniQ middle to center . There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good clause, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner too. Hair Loss TreatmentRecommendable post.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/is-cogniq-scam-or-fake/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. The tips and the ideas given in the post seems to be very much informative and useful for the job seekers. Thank you for such a good post.Pure Testo Xplode Do you care if I post part of this on my webpage if I post a link back to this site?http://www.healthcaresups.com/pure-testo-xplode/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be very pleased to search out this site.I needed to thank you for this nice read!! I positively having fun with every little little Alpha XTRM bit of it and Ive you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Notable web site, Impressive feedback that I can tackle. I am moving forward and may apply to my present job as a cat sitter, which could be very fulfilling, Intellux however I must additional grow expand. london catteryA word to the wise is enoughI lately came across your blog and have been studying along. I believed I would leave my initial remark. I don???ê?èt know what to say except that I have relished reading. Pleasant blog. I will maintain visiting this blog extremely typically.http://www.healthcaresups.com/intellux/


    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)