Friday, 11 July 2014

#PegasusLIVE Beauty Showcase 2014!

Hi ladies

Yesterday I went to my first beauty event in a long long time. It was the pegasus beauty showcase at The Westbury in Mayfair.  A year ago (it's been that long) I blogged about the Pegasus beauty showcase 2013. It's a great chance to see all the new products different brands are coming out with and of course a chance to see bloggers you haven't seen for a while. This time round I got to see Grace and Annie again which was lovely. I also met Sheenie who I speak to twitter but have never met in 'real life' so that was great.

Annie at work
Xmas gifts! Feels weird seeing this in July. There is the cutest Trilogy bauble being released for Xmas!


I discovered RapidWhite do non-peroxide teeth whitening strips. Although I found their kit effective a few years ago, strips are way more convenient.
Temple Spa have released a Red Carpet Range which includes an exfoliating gommage gel, a soft focus effect cream, a camouflage for dark circles, shadows etc and a liquid illuminator and highlighter.
I was particularly interested in the new release by Witch - a blackhead clearing gel. They've also released a face wash with Witch Hazel bursting beads.
I have the standard Trilogy rosehip oil  which I love and have been meaning to blog about. They now have the Antioxidant + which looks interesting.
MicroPedi have released quite a few variations of their original product including a mini (great for light packing and costs £29.95) which I didn't know about. I own the original MicroPedi and again this is something I have taken photos for but never got round to blogging about.
I thought this was interesting. It would make a nice gift with the addition of the nails inc polishes. This retails for £59.99.
This was particularly exciting. I got taken behind the curtain and blindfolded. I then felt this sort of vibrating feeling on my nails which smoothed them out and then what felt like my nails being buffed. When I took the blindfold off, my nails were all shiny. If I had to take a guess what this surprise product is, I'd say its an extension of the MicroPedi family. I could be entirely wrong but all will be revealed in 2 weeks. I also gave feedback to say this would be good for muslim ladies who want the shiny nails but don't wear polish because of prayer.
So we all know Cuticura for their hand sanitising gels but who knew they had released a basic skincare line for three different skin types; sensitive, dry and combination/oily. Each product in the new range is priced at £1.79 and available from Bodycare, Savers, Semichem and independent pharmacies. £1.79!
I enjoyed having a go at this Soft & Gentle reaction game. I was rubbish at it but I enjoyed it all the same. Soft & Gentle have been around for a heck of a long time but are relaunching with a fresh new look. They have 9 refreshing fragrances and the range starts from £1.29. 
Since their relaunch from collection 2000 to Collection, they have really been a good inexpensive high street option. I know their lasting perfection concealer and liquid liners are in many a make up bag, but collection are now launching this pretty All about the Eyes palette, a Big Fake Curves mascara and lasting gel nail polish. The Little Mix by Collection range starts at £1.99 and will be available in superdrug from 30th July.
Edit: BBB has already blogged about the palette and it's quite the rave review.
Finally, I got my skin analysed with Lloyds Pharmacy. I was quite excited by this because a big conundrum for me is whether my skin is dry, dehydrated or both. I was quite surprised to find my skin is in fact normal and did really well on all fronts as you can see on the printout below.
This skin health service is free and is now available at select Lloyds Pharmacies. You don't need an appointment, you just turn up and a specially trained advisor will analyse your skin and make recommendations based on that.
So, that was my evening at the beauty showcase. They ran out of goody bags (considering they prepared 150, that is the sign of a fantastic turnout) but the lovely Amy took our details and told us we'd receive something in the post so keep an eye out on my blog for upcoming reviews - it's a win win situation because we didn't have to carry them home ;)

Thanks once again for having me @Peg_beauty. Everyone was welcoming and lovely.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great event with lots of new fab launches and lovely for you to catch up with Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks like an amazing little event. I speak to Adrienne from Pegasus, she's lovely. I can't wait for all these new lines to come out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fab event :) Your blog is lovely. I am following you on bloglovin, if you want to check out my page its http://www.bloglovin.com/jodiefrances :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. exceptional site post. I'm going to bookmark and check out much more often. I adore the site
    Black Label No templateSimply to let you know your site looks a little bit weird in Mozilla on my laptop with Ubuntu .Good article. Ive just forwarded the link to my buddy|.You completed a number of fine points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found mainly people will agree with your blog.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/black-label-no/


    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Magnificent job. I did not expect this on a friday night. This is a terrific story. Thanks!i would to see this on the ps3 and its so addicting played since july Alpha XTRM and im still not bored with it How did you make your blog look this awesome!? Email me if you can and share your wisdom. Id be thankful! Im astounded that I must not cast off this marvelous meaning.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)