Monday, 18 August 2014

High End lipstick haul.

Hi ladies

So turns out on 29th July, it was National Lipstick day (I swear some of these 'National *insert word* days' are just absurd) but I wasn't complaining because Debenhams were giving a whole £5 off every lipstick.  I managed to get a bit overexcited. At one point I had 10 lipsticks in my basket, totalling over £100. I hadn't even considered an Armani lipstick till that point but for some reason £5 off made my mind think it was some sort of bargain. Don't worry, I came to my senses pretty quickly. I managed to cut it down to 5 lipsticks in the end and saved £25 on my order. I also went through TopCashBack which saved me a further few quid.

Not only did I get a fiver off every lipstick, I got the freebies in the photo above. I was particularly excited by the Estee Lauder foundation brush.
These are the spur of the moment shades I bought. 
MAC patisserie was a Lily Pebbles inspired purchase. I have no idea what even prompted me to check out Speak Louder. I'd never even considered a Bobbi Brown lipstick. The Illamasqua lipstick was due to the recent coverage it had received and finally the Urban Decay was down to the hype.




I tried to get a variety of shades but my focus for this haul was more 'true nudes'. I don't have many in my collection so three of the colours are meant to be natural. In some cases, in hindsight maybe overly natural but I'll discuss that in the individual reviews. The two non nudes were speak louder and Guava. I have no idea why I went with Guava. I don't own any Bobbi Brown lipsticks and I knew I wanted to try one with the discount so I began thinking which shades I don't own and decided on adding a coral to the mix. We'll see how that goes.

It feels weird not putting any swatches in this post (I have never understood why people don't add swatches when reviewing colour cosmetics) but this isn't a review, just a haul. Keep your eyes peeled for reviews and swatches of each these.

Did you take advantage of the Debenhams offer? No more lipsticks for me...

Till next time...Toodles! :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow - wish I had know about this £5 off deal - I love all the shades you picked and what fab lipsticks - so much choice. Thanks so much for sharing

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you splurge Mez, You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an amazing lipstick collection i love the first mac shade and the bobby brown
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Patisserie a while back and I love it! I like the look of that Urban Decay one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices, I especially like the look of the Urban Decay one. Look forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look gorgeous! Want them all. Nice haul Mez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that site layout ! How was it made? Its really good.*Im impressed, I should say.
    Action Fuel PRO Truly rarely do I encounter a blog thats both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, youve hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the concern is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am really happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/action-fuel-pro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a small issue I cant seem to be able to subscribe your rss feed, I'm using google reader fyi.The Zune concentrates on being a Pure Testo Xplode Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future itll do even better in those areas, but for now its a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPods strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.http://www.healthcaresups.com/pure-testo-xplode/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your site on Reddit today and really liked it.. I bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later.Several of the factors associated with this weblog publish are usually advantageous nonetheless had me personally wanting to understand, Alpha XTRM did they seriously suggest that? 1 point Ive acquired to say is your writing expertise are very good and Ill be returning back again for any brand-new blog post you come up with, you may possibly have a brand-new supporter. I book marked your weblog for reference.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/


    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it to exist as a thing that really has no any importance to the current topic at hand. It is just plain odd to allow such thing to happen alas it happens Intellux anyway even when you dont want it to but thats just the way it is.Your site is very slow due to openA place for everything and everything in its placeIm not capable of view this web site properly on opera I feel theres a problem.http://www.healthcaresups.com/intellux/


    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)