Saturday, 23 August 2014

KIKO ultra glossy lip pencils.

Hi ladies

I love popping into the KIKO store in westfield to see what products they have on sale. They usually have a table down the middle where they've got discounted lip liners, lip sticks, nail polishes etc and I've picked up a number of lip liners for the bargain sum of £1. These glossy lip pencils usually retail for £5.80 so that's a 80% discount. You can currently grab them for £1 on the website too, which could be a sign that they are being discontinued.

I rarely use lip liners just to line my lips. It is something I usually use all over and sometimes (most times) without a lipstick on top. So the fact that these were glossy made me think they would be comfortable for the intended purpose.
614 is the more pinky shade and 615 is the lilac shade which they call purple orchid. In hindsight, 615 is just too light for my skintone and isn't something I'd use. 614 is a sort of mid toned pink and definitely more of a wearable colour for me.
kiko milano glossy lip pencils 614 615 swatch
615 at the top, and 614 at the bottom
I'd compare the texture of this to a MAC lustre but instead of a vanilla scent it has a fruity scent. It takes a while to build up the colour and then leaves the lips feeling moisturised, slightly sticky and somewhat wet looking. I sharpened 614 and as I tried to apply it again, the tip fell off. I find you have to press quite hard to get enough pigment so I see this being a common occurrence and if I wear it enough, it'll be half the size in no time. If you're looking for a lip liner to just line the lips or under a lipstick, I definitely wouldn't recommend this. I feel these are designed to be used alone and anything on top would feel weird. 

If you're looking for a cheap lip liner (when it's on sale of course) and want to stay away from the usual drying/matte lip liners you can find, then KIKO is an option. They usually have lots of shades so I'm sure you can find something to suit you.

Till next time...Toodles! :)

8 comments:

  1. I have one of these, a bright pink one and i really like it as a lipstick. I agree with you, wouldn't work as liner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried any of the Kiko lip pencils before, but they look lovely and those colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. I haven't heard of Kiko before but I'll definitely look them up next time I visit Westfield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recognition for another large post. I am pretty sure this piece has helped me save many hours of
    SPARTAGEN XT impression other similar posts just on the road to find what I was trying for. I just want toward say:
    Thank you!http://www.webheathcare.com/spartagen-xt-

    scam/



    ReplyDelete
  6. Your responsibility is your response to His ability.I'm having a weird issue I cannot seem to be able to subscribe your feed, I'm using google reader by the way. Pure Testo Xplode Excellent webpage you have here. Should you will find the time, take a look at this website Take a Look I have been spending so much time on Hi. I read a few of your other posts and wanted to know if you would be interested in exchanging blogroll links?http://www.healthcaresups.com/pure-testo-xplode/



    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy, I honestly similar to this journal as being the writings put up newest and genuinely fascinating tales..The internet site design and style is quite uncomplicated, Alpha XTRM appealing and simple and easy for customers..hold up the great function !Good post, I just IMd the link to a buddy who was doing a little research on this. Thanks again.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good site, youve gotta tell us your secrets ;) hahaThis website has some really helpful info on it! Thank you for informing me.Awesome website man, Intellux I wish I can make something similar with some content like this lmao.You made tremendous great ideas here. I done a research on the subject and learnt most peoples will agree with your blog.http://www.healthcaresups.com/intellux/

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment lovely readers - I really appreciate it :)